Happy Memorial Day from all of us here at Total Wine & Liquors! We are extremely proud of all of those who are currently or have served in our military. We gladly offer a discount to all of those serving our military.
There are a few items I wanted to highlight this week as they can help make your Memorial Day drinks more festive for the holiday!
The Smirnoff Red, White, and Berry Vodka is a delicious combination of Cherry, Citrus, and Sweet Blue Raspberry. This flavored vodka is great for all freedom flavored cocktails and .750Ls are on sale through the holiday for just $11.99 ($2 off)! We also have shooters available if you just want to try out one shot!
Making Red, White, and Blue Jell-O Shots will definitely bring life to any Memorial Day Party! I am posting the recipe that I use at the bottom, please use it and let me know how it goes!
Sticking with liquid freedom, Budweiser Special Additional Copper Lager 6pks are only $7.99 ($1 off)! The Copper Lager is part of Budweiser’s Special Edition line that celebrates different monumental events in America’s History. This beer is a collaboration with Knob Creek Distillery to honor the 85th anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition.
Sparkling Wines are another awesome way to celebrate! All Korbel sparkling wines are on sale for $11.99 ($2 off)! These wines are on sale for the entire month of May!
Layered Red, White, and Blue Jell-O shots
I like to start by placing my Jell-O shot cups onto baking sheets to allow for easy transport to and from the fridge.
Smirnoff Red, White, and Berry doesn’t have to be the vodka that is used but helps makes things a little more festive for the holiday and taste really great with this mixture!
You can also feel free to mix up the flavors of the Jell-O mix too!
- 3oz package of blue Jell-O (I use Berry Blue, but feel free to change it up)
- 3oz package of Red Jell-O (I use Cherry)
- 2 Packets of Knox gelatin
- 1 Cup of coconut milk (condensed milk will also work)
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- 3 Cups of Smirnoff Red, White, and Berry Vodka
- Jell-O shot cups (we have these in our Mix Isle)
- Making the Red Layer
- Mix 1 cup of boiling water to the red Jell-O, stirring until dissolved, and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup of Smirnoff Red, White, and Berry and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the Jell-O shot cups
- Transfer to the fridge and allow them to sit for at least 4 hours or until firm to ensure that the colors don’t bleed together.
- Making the White Layer
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of coconut to a saucepan and sprinkle the Knox over it, allow it to bloom for a few minutes.
- Turn on the heat to low and stir well, cooking on low until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for several minutes and then add 1 cup of Smirnoff Red, White, and Berry.
- Carefully add the white layer on top of the already made red. (It will work better if the white has had time to cool)
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to cool and set.
- Making the Blue Layer
- Mix 1 cup of boiling water and the blue Jell-O mix until dissolved and allow to cool.
- Add 1 Cup Smirnoff Red, White, and Berry and stir.
- Carefully add the Blue mix onto your Red and White and transfer to the fridge and allow to set before eating.